Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Are You Being Called A Goy?

Were u ever called a Goy by the neighbors on your block or somebody in shul because you don't wear a yarmulka? Or because you came to shul in jeans and a leather jacket? Or how about this 55 year old women called my son a goy because he was talking about dinosaurs and superman?! 

I mean seriously?!? Does my son have to be watching the" Yosef Shpeil" inorder to be considered jewish???? Does he have to be talking about the Parsha or Pesach all week long inorder not to be a "Goy"???

I was waiting on line in a store, and behind me was a little girl about 7 years old and her mother. And I heard the girl whisper to her mother "is ze a goy?" The mother replied  "ich veis nisht"!!! Ok so because I don't dress like you and because I'm wearing a red skirt she doesn't know if I'm a goy or not?!?!?! How about explaining to your kids and understanding for yourself that there are all different kind of jews and  because somebody talks about superman or wears red skirts doesn't mean your a goy!!

I mean are we people literary going to be ostracized and shunned upon because my kids read secular books and are educated or because his mother dresses more with it?!?!

No it's not my job to change my dress code because of YOU! But it is your job to respect ALL people even though you don't  "approve" of us!!

It's very hurtful to be called a "Goy" when I'm clearly not. And especially if you know them personally.

So it would be very nice if you can open your minds a little bit, and not call us "Goyim"!!!!

                         THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment