Friday, April 8, 2016

Living With Bi Polar Disorder

I want to talk openly about the realities of living with and trying to support someone who is mentally ill, and what I’ve learned about mental health and stigma over the years. The stigma of mental illness isn’t just connected with those who are ill, but also to those of us on this journey with them. I don't have bi polar but I have friends, that do. And know many people that have bi polar and people who are living with partners who suffer from this mental illness.
You may be keeping your bi polar a secret but one day it won't be a secret anymore. You will have bouts of mania and spend  thousands of dollars in one day, but you might also have horrible moods swings of depression and want to commit suicide. Family, friends, colleagues will eventually find out. And you might be surprised at the support your receiving from them. The sympathy and empathy you get from them. Now don't expect this from everyone. Sadly there will be people who will say oh she's crazy. Did u hear what she did yesterday... how could she still be married???
So for the Mania part. I can wake up and feel like superwomen, like I can fly. I dominate my friends conversations. I feel like I'm god.
And for the depression part. I don't want to get out of bed. I want to be left alone. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't eat and may lose weight. I might not even take my medication.
Living with bi polar is an absolute every day hell. Alot of peope lose their spouses, their friends and even family. It's sad its not openly discussed in our community, but guys don't give up!! There's help out there and you can live a happy and good life. You can have friends and be married!

Email me please if your serious about getting help. shoecrayze@gmail.com its all confidential.

No comments:

Post a Comment