Monday, March 21, 2016

Let me tell you a little bit why I opened this blog.

So I grew up and still live in the Orthodox Community. I went through my own hardships and its beyond amazing how far I've come with a lot a lot of help and support from family, friends and of course professionals.

But what bothers me SO much is how abuse of any kind and a mental illness of any kind, in the frum community is stigmatized and pushed under the rug. It's not being addressed, people are not getting the right kind of help and parents don't wanna face the fact that their daughter/son is depressed. I know a girl who was raped, and she told her mother and her mother says "What??? MY daughter?!?! Naahhh that can't be true...." What happens to that girl over the years? She slowly loses her friends, stops eating, takes drugs, and ends up committing suicide! Then we all cry why why why!?!?!?!

This is why I'm writing. Hopefully to bring awareness to parents and teachers and help people open up and seek help. People are suffering in silence for no reason. Having a mental illness is just like having heart disease  and diabetes. There is no shame what so ever. You were abused, you were raped or molested, there's help for that too!  To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! The world needs more of this type of thing. You are a great inspiration for many suffering in silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I'm gonna be bringing up alot of sensetive subjects. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete